Great Companies, Great People, Great Leaders
February 27, 2019
Our Distinguished Panelists Include:
- Donna Dunlap, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas.
- Jose Costa, CEO North America of GrandVision NV, former President of Maaco and author.
- TBD, TBD of TBD
- Moderator: Elizabeth McKee, Executive Director, Leadership Charlotte
CBEX Speaker Series
Wednesday, February 27
Dilworth Neighborhood Grille
911 E Morehead St
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM
Multi-Generation Business Owners
May 1, 2019
September 25, 2019
- Summer 2018 – Proven Tactics to Retain Key People – Panel Discussion
- Join us for an insightful discussion exploring how top employers retain their best talent. Our panel will answer the questions business leaders are asking every day as they seek to retain their best people.
- Spring 2018 – Cranes for 60 people a day – A Panel Discussion
- Charlotte Business Exchange is pleased to have Michael Smith, President and CEO of Charlotte Center City Partners facilitate a discussion with leading experts regarding commercial construction in Charlotte catering to our rapidly growing population.
- Winter 2018 – How Entrepreneurship Changed Me
- After 11 years of tech sales experience in the Bay Area, Mr. Moulton had the perfect startup journey with Jigsaw.com, which grew from two guys and a whiteboard to a $175MM exit in 2010 to Salesforce.com. Mr. Moulton ran sales, business development, client support and the customer community for Jigsaw.com. He shared his story with the CBEX community.
- Fall 2017 – Does Culture Drive Value? The Mustang Story with Bill Higgs
- Does culture really matter? Are successful businesses intentional about the culture they create? Come listen to a successful entrepreneur who with two partners and $15,000 built a business they sold twenty years later for $1 Billion.
- Summer 2017 – Why Charlotte?
- Why do business leaders choose the Charlotte region when locating their operations? Hear from a panel of newly arrived companies moderated by Ronnie Bryant, President and CEO of the Charlotte Regional Partnership.
- Spring 2017 – The Great State of Mecklenburg’s Entrepreneurial Culture
- What’s our community doing right – and wrong – to nurture start-ups? Are we leaving non-tech companies or lifestyle small businesses in the dust in our zeal to be Silicon Valley-esque? Do we have the intellectual talent and educational resources to attract, nurture and support the up-and-coming “best and brightest?” What ingredient or ingredients are missing in our ‘secret sauce’ (capital?) to accelerate these companies to create jobs – and wealth?
- Winter 2017 – Election Results 2016: The economic impact in 2017 . . . and beyond
- Joe Stewart, Executive Director of the North Carolina Free Enterprise Foundation has been on both sides of the desk (business and government) – and now serves and supports business leaders as they work “between” the aisles of elected officials, running this non-partisan Foundation. An objective look at the reasons and results of last year’s elections.
- Fall 2016 – Leadership Lessons from the Mountains
- From Santiago Chile, Rodrigo Jordán is the Founder and President of Vertical S.A. He is widely recognized in the development of leadership, innovation and social development. His work includes the Wharton Leadership Ventures program, the McColl School of Business’ BB&T Leadership Challenge and the National Geographic Society expedition to Antarctica.
- Spring 2016 – Lessons from 10,000 Small Businesses
- Three local alumni of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program shared ways they have applied the learnings to take their business to the next level. Fabi Preslar with Spark Publications, Lawrence Cruiciana with Corporation Information Technologies, and Matt Galimi with Best Tek Support.
- Fall 2015 – Accelerating Sales in Today’s Economy
- Three top sales trainers and consultants shared their pro tips to increase sales in proven, scalable, and repeatable ways. Our distinguished panel included Tamara Bunte, Bob Henricks and Randy Johnson.
- Spring 2015 – Signature Series: Competition or Collaboration?
- Danny Morrison, President of the Carolina Panthers, and Sheila Mullen, Executive Director of the Innovation Institute at McColl Center for Art & Innovation, discussed leading a team of top performers in today’s environment of intense competition and constant innovation.
- Winter 2015 – Human Capital Innovation
- Tom Killen, Elizabeth Persson and Kelly Rogers shared their innovative practices for attracting, developing, and engaging the talent their organizations need to succeed in today’s highly competitive environment.
- Fall 2014 – Privacy in the Age of Big Data
- Ted Claypoole, Senior Partner at Womble Carlyle, highlighted some of the pros and cons of Big Data collection, both for individuals and businesses. He also shared some tools and behaviors we can adopt to regain data and identity security.
- Spring 2014 – Transforming Business
- Successful entrepreneur, corporate executive, and award winning author, August Turak shared his stories of life with the monks at Mepkin Abbey and the business lessons learned from their values and disciplines.
- Winter 2014 – Productivity Practices That Work
- Our 2014 speaker series opened with Carson Tate, founder of Working Simply and creator of the Productivity Styles system. Our second speaker was outsourcing authority Russ Hammond — a manager, developer, road warrior, speaker, and entrepreneur.
- Fall 2013 – Transformation By Design
- This sold out event featured a panel discussion with three business and non-profit leaders to learn how you can leverage innovation and human‐centered design practices to spark individual, organizational, and/or social transformation.
- Spring 2013 – Learning Series3
- Learning Series³ takes one topic, breaks it down in three expert sessions in three back-to-back months. We featured sessions with Tamara Bunte, The Institute for Advanced Results, Bill Whitley, The Bill Whitley Company and Jim Dunn, Dunn Enterprises.
- October 10, 2012 – Dr. Dan Murrey
- Charlotte Host Committee chair for the Democratic National Convention shared a candid discussion on what went well in hosting the DNC, what could have been done differently, and where Charlotte goes from here!
- May 23, 2012 — Rob Slee
- Internationally acclaimed author, speaker, and business executive shared how the Value Renaissance is creating a paradigm shift in privately held businesses.